StartUpRussia provides professional advice in the field of migration and labor, legislation covering all aspects of employment of foreign citizens in Russia.
- Consulting services with regard to the requirements of the Russian federal and territorial migration authorities to companies employing foreign nationals
- Assistance in obtaining of an HQS and standard work permits for foreign nationals
- Consulting and other necessary assistance in the course of processing the documents necessary for obtaining work and business types of visas for the Client’s foreign employees
- Obtaining work permits for foreign employees in the Russian regions
Representing of Client’s interests with the migration and labor authorities
Work permits for Russia
In order for a foreign national to work in Russia such foreign national has to have a work permit and work visa. Foreign nationals have to have a sponsoring entity (employer) that would apply for a work permit and work visa on behalf of the foreign national. Citizens of the CIS countries with which Russia has non-visa regime need to apply for a patent not a work permit. Foreign nationals from the Custom Union countries Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kirgizia are not subject to the work-permit, patent or visa requirements.
The following visa nationals are also exempt from the work permit requirements:
- Russian temporary and permanent residents
- Members of the government program that supports relocation of former citizens living abroad back to Russia
- Employees of diplomatic missions and international organizations, and their domestic employees
- Journalists accredited in Russia
- Students who work during their holidays or spare time at their educational institution
- Bands, singers and other performers
- Employees of overseas entities entering to do warranty or post-warranty maintenance or installation services in connection with equipment imported into Russia (technical assistance visas)
- Foreign nationals entering as instructors, teachers, and lecturers on invitations from Russian academic institutions (except religious institutions)
- Refugees and displaced persons (provided they have the required documentation to confirm their status)
- Foreign nationals that have obtained asylum status in Russia
- Citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kirgizstan
There are currently two types of work permits in Russia:
Standard Work Permit and a Highly Qualified Specialist Work Permit
Standard work permit is issued for 1 year so is the work visa.
There is a an annual quota that employers have to apply for in order to employ foreign nationals for a standard work permit. Some top managerial, engineering and IT positions are quota exempt
- Higher educational diploma
- Basic knowledge of Russian language, history and laws
- Processing time – 3-4 months
- Must register within 7 days of arrival every trip to Russia
HQS work permit is issued for up to 3 years so is the work visa.
- Main requirement is a gross monthly salary not less than 167.000 rubles (~$2780)
- No need to apply for a quota
- No diploma is required
- No Russian language test
- No Medical tests are required
- It is necessary to have Medical insurance coverage
- Additional quarterly reporting requirement to confirm that the salary is paid at the required minimum level
- Processing time – 4-5 weeks.
- Must register within 90 days of arrival